How can I translate perfectionist in Esperanto? It is tempting to say perfektisto, but since this is a personal trait and not a profession I'm sure that would be incorrect. What about perfektemulo? Or does that describe a person who is perfect? That is certainly not what I'm looking for.

perfektemulo is the most natural to me. Someone who likes to be perfect. Moreover the -emulo phraze is really very Esperantesque.

The suffix -isto is not limited to profession, it can also imply a vocation, see Esperantisto or naciisto.

However, since you want to describe a trait, perfektemulo is a good choice. If you want/need to be more precise, you can coin perfektigemulo = individual with the inclination to make things perfect.

I can't find any occurrences of perfektisto, perfektemulo or perfektigemulo in tekstaro.com. I got troigemulo and mortigemulo (once each) which are also built with -ig-em-ul-o.

Mi ĉiam diras ke mi estas "perfektema" por perfectionist tendencies… Certe "perfektemulo" bone funkcias.

Mi trovis uzon de tiu vorto en la Fejsbuka grupo: "Mi estas perfektemulo".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.