People often use "I feel ya", when texting in English. What can I say in Esperanto?

I guess "Mi komprenas" or "Mi kompatas vin" are options. Is there something more "laidback"?

Does the fact you are using ya mean you are asking for an informal/slang way of saying that? – kiamlaluno Oct 8 '16 at 12:15
  • Yes, the slang-part is intended. – Antonia Montaro Oct 9 '16 at 16:17

I would text Kunsente. I tend to use adverbs for single-word sentences. In the list I have included the -at-, -it-, but they feel a bit fussy to me. Other people should have a wider range of suggestions.

• Prave — Truly
  • Certe — Certainly
  • Konsent(it)e — Agreed
  • Kunsent(at)e — I feel ya
  • Kompren(it)e — Understood
  • Kompaton/Kompate — Sorry to hear that
  • Ĉiam tiel — Always the way

To my friends I have sometimes said "mi sentas same" = I feel the same. "mi komprenas" is probably something else I have said or would say (probably if I don't actually feel the same, but I get where they're coming from).

I use "same mi" a lot, but I don't think I use it in the sense "I feel ya" is meant. But if one wants to say "mi sentas same", an abbreviation of that is better in tis context. I use it to say "I feel the same", but I think it's broadly applicable.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.