I just signed up at Libera Folio and it asked for my retadreso and I typed the URL to my YouTube account. It gave an error and I then realized that it wanted my e-mail address.

I learned retpoŝtadreso for e-mail address. I have been under the (apparently wrong) impression that retadreso meant URL.

Which one should I use? Does retadreso always, in all cases, mean e-mail address?

I have been under the (apparently wrong) impression that retadreso meant URL.

No, your impression is not apparently wrong. Retadreso does mean URL but often retpoŝtadreso is shortened to retadreso, which IMHO is a bad practice.

| improve this answer | |

For e-mail address, PIV gives the simpler word retadreso (which is, however, used for web address), while other sources prefer the unambiguous retpoŝtadreso. As usual, this info comes from Komputeko.net.

And I see you have already been given the translation of URL: Kiel oni diras "URL" esperante?

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.