NaNoWriMo is an event where people try to write a novel with more than 50 000 words during the month of November. The 2013 edition had 310 095 participants and 42 221 winners.

I know some people have tried to make a novel in Esperanto for NaNoWriMo, but I never saw someone claiming completing it with proof.

Oooh a nice complement to the sumoo. Hehe. Let's flood the internet with Esperanto fan fiction. 😆 – Charlotte SL Oct 20 '16 at 23:09
    I believe the NaNoWriMo can be completed any way you want, even a book filled with kio la fek 17,000 times would be valid. – grooveplex Oct 21 '16 at 13:12

On Rober L. Read's blog I found that two people participated in Esperanto. Unfortunately, the links that he link to are dead. I imagine that they would be the evidence we're looking for.

I found this, too: Goulo's livejournal.

Other than that, this person on tumblr seems to have participated: Pretervola alhxemisto.

And we'll see what comes out of this: gerogeropyo - this person is planning to participate this year! Good luck! Update 2019: Unfortunately, this Wordpress page has been deleted.

And this person that also blogs about Esperanto participated successfully in English in 2013: Arion's home. Maybe we'll see something in Esperanto one day? :-)

| improve this answer | |
  • I followed the link of Goulo. I can not find his work. His novel(s) might be in English, and he later translated the message that he made about it. – Vanege Oct 30 '16 at 13:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.