A question was asked recently in which the asker attempted to answer his own question and was on the right track to do so, however, he found no hits for nun ke in the Tekstaro which suggested to him that this was not a valid expression.

How can we search in Tekstaro to find things like this and answer our own question?

1 Answer 1

In this particular case, you needed to search for the expression with punctuation included:nun, ke

The following highlighted parts are search terms I used.

nun ke

This pulls up a ton of false hits, so I added the sign for word boundries.

\bnun ke\b

This gives one hit, but it's a false hit. I tried with a real comma.

\bnun\, ke\b

This shows a number of interesting results.

You can also search commas without a slash. It appears to give the same result.

It also helps to uncheck the box Atenti usklecon

• It's also possible to use regular expressions when unsure: \bnun[^a-zA-Z]+ke\b (this matches anything that's not letters between the two words). Here it's a bit of overkill but may come in handy in other cases.
    – La Vo-o
    Nov 7, 2016 at 17:47
  • That's great. I'm making a note of that one. In this case, it pulls it up with and without commas. Nov 7, 2016 at 17:59
  • Note you could shorten that to \bnun\W+ke\b. \w means any letter and \W matches any non-letter. This has the added advantage that it takes into account the Esperanto letters with hats.
    – Neil Roberts
    Feb 28, 2019 at 9:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.