When someone tells an unimpressive story, one can impolitely respond with a question indicating that one would expect the story to go on.

A: "I won against my little brother in chess"

B: "So what?"

How do you say this in Esperanto?

In that situation I would probably say something like:

Kaj kio? Ĉu eĉ gravas?

Or for a shorter expression: Ĉu gravas? – Tomaso Alexander Jan 11 '17 at 11:56

I found 39 hits in the tekstaro for the search term Kio do\?

Kio do = So what

• Sole existence in Tekstaro may easily be deceptive here. Based on the answers to my earlier question I'm quite sure this means something different, like "what then?". That would actually show interest, quite opposite to what the OP intends here. – La Vo-o Jan 11 '17 at 10:43
  • I considered kiel do" before posting my response. I checked the Tekstaro, checked PIV, checked the answers in the question on Stack Exchange about "kiel do" - and concluded that *kiel do is the wrong answer. (If I'm wrong about all this and it's actually a good answer, then the people upvoting this answer should probably be voting to close it as a duplicate). – Tomaso Alexander Jan 11 '17 at 11:27
  • I considered kiel do before posting my response. I checked the Tekstaro, checked PIV, checked the answers in the question on Stack Exchange about "kiel do" - and concluded that kiel do is the wrong answer. (If I'm wrong about all this and it's actually a good answer, then the people upvoting this answer should probably be voting to close it as a duplicate). – Tomaso Alexander Jan 11 '17 at 11:49
  • @La Vo-o: The same expression can have opposite meanings (be anauto-antonym). In particular, "That's okay." can indicate acceptance or rejection. – Mike Jones Jan 12 '17 at 2:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.