The "snooze" button is a button we press when the alarm clock is ringing. In some alarm clocks, the button makes it ring again after 5/10 minutes. We could translate directly "snooze" to "dormeto", but I am not sure it is the correct way to do it. People usually don't use the button to nap, but to procrastinate in the morning. "Snooze" is also not very explicit on what the button does.

I am thinking of the word "Plipostigi", but I am sure stackexchange can provide me better alternatives.

Nuntempaj vekhorloĝoj havas prokrastilon por plu dormi kaj reaŭdigi la veksonon post kelkaj minutoj. https://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vekhorlo%C4%9Do

Currently, alarm clocks have a procrastinator tool to sleep more, and to re-sound the wakeup sound after a few minutes.

• I kind of though "A waiting button" could also be valid. "Atendu"... This one is better. – Karlomanio Jan 23 '17 at 20:18
  • Prokrastilo has a number of meanings, including "delay pedal" for music. – Tomaso Alexander Jan 24 '17 at 22:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.