I think that I stumbled upon a web search engine with an index of many esperanto books. You could search for phrases, and it replied with findings in these books, complete with title, author and so on.

I cannot find it anymore. Is my memory betraying me?

I don't have the names of these on mind, but I think what you're thinking of is a corpus. There are many, but simply searching "Esperanto corpus" should give you more luck.
    – crayondraw
    Aug 31, 2017 at 14:58

2 Answers 2

Are you perhaps thinking of the Tekstaro? I think it would sort of do what you want except that it has a fairly limited selection of books so it’s more useful just to check language usage rather than find a particular title.

• Yes, this was what I meant! Interesting that you find the book selection limited. Now that I now the term “corpus”, I am trying to expand my selection. Thanks!
    – hansbalo
    Sep 1, 2017 at 9:14

Besides the Tekstaro I find very useful the Corpora Collection by the Leipzig University. Apparently you can only search one word at a time. If someone knows how to search more than one word at a time or even sentences, please let us all know.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.