Is there a main newspaper in Esperanto, something like Le Monde for French or Süddeutsche Zeitung for German?

Also, where could I find videos in Esperanto, for example, a YouTube channel or another website? The main feature is that the videos contain conversations fully in Esperanto and that the language is spoken fluently.

5 Answers 5

Newspaper

The Esperanto-USA Retbutiko has several newspapers & magazines available for subscription.

Independent magazine published in France by a group of well known Esperantists. Excellent Esperanto and geared more toward cultural expression than the Esperanto movement. Illustrated 32 pages (245x165) per issue. 6 issues per subscription sent by airmail. Available throughout the year.

Monthly magazine of general international interest published in Belgium. articles on current affairs and in-depth reports on different parts of the world plus various special columns. Although in Esperanto, it does not concern itself with the Esperanto movement. It is more like a genuinely international Time or Newsweek. Illustrated.

Magazine

It's a magazine, not a newspaper, but ILEI (Internacia Ligo de Esperantistaj Instruistoj) hosts a HUGE PDF archive of the Juna Amiko magazine in a publicly available Google Drive folder. The magazine is written in simple Esperanto and is geared toward younger readers. It has issues from 1972 to present (minus a 2-year waiting period to encourage subscriptions). You can subscribe to the magazine with a UEA subsidiary or directly with ILEI (I couldn't figure how to subscribe directly though). Here's the info from the ILEI magazine site:

"Perantoj en trideko da landoj akceptas abonojn, eblas tra la abonservo de UEA ĝin mendi, ankaŭ rekte ĉe la kasisto de ILEI."

Youtube

There is a "movie" adaptation of Gerda Mapaleris! from the group Imagu Filmoj on Youtube. The audio quality leaves much to be desired, but it includes Esperanto subtitles. The film is entirely in Esperanto.

I would start with Monato and Esperanto Variety Show

Le Monde diplomatique legeblas rete

https://eo.mondediplo.com/

The answer is no. I too wish for a CNN International style online news service in Esperanto. But, someones with resources and money will have to make one first. Maybe some day.

Welcome to StackExchange. I wonder if you have read the other answers. Perhaps you could explain how you came to the conclusion that the answer is no despite all of the other answers giving examples of newspapers and YouTube channels.
    – Neil Roberts
    Apr 1, 2019 at 15:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.