How do I translate hangover in Esperanto? Is there a single word to translate it?

I'm not sure you understand the purpose of Stack Exchange if you ask a question like this here. Even google translate gets "postebrio" right. – Jane D Chen Aug 30 '16 at 20:39
  • @JaneDChen I did it, anyway I know word hangover there isn't in some languages (You can't say it with just 1 word), so I asked it here. – Mattew Aug 30 '16 at 20:41
    Postebrio in reta-vortaro.de; Dutch kater, German Kater. – Joop Eggen Jan 2 '18 at 11:14

Mi ĉiam diris postebria malsano, sed se vi volas unu vorton mi dirus postebrio.

| improve this answer | |

I would suggest postdrinka kapdoloro or postebrio.

Postebrio is the one I use and always hear. – Mutre Aug 30 '16 at 18:24
    Postdrinka kapdoloro is not so clear, as it could also be a headache that you have directly after drinking. Postebria kapdoloro, on the other hand, is a good, more explicit alternative to the common postebrio. – Marcos Cramer Aug 31 '16 at 10:36

I usually hear postebria sindromo, or sometimes (in informal language) hesako, from the Portuguese ressaca.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.