Committing rape is generally rendered in the E-o texts I read by "perforto", or "seksperforto". This formula just falls too flat on my ears. There is a beautiful and telling E-o root-verb, trudi, which means imposing or intruding something onto others or into something. Why not rendering raping by trudago (intruding action) or more explicitly sekstrudo?

More esperantistically I would also propose malamori ("making un-love") as the thing most opposite to making love.

closed as primarily opinion-based by Oliver Mason, Neil Roberts Oct 16 '18 at 10:41

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I guess unless "malamori" was an already established word for "rape" (which it doesn't seem to be), you'd risk it being misinterpreted as being in a platonic relationship and/or being sexually abstinent / celibate. – das-g Oct 14 '18 at 10:10
  • Also, as sex can be more than just intercourse, rape (forced sex) can therefore be something other than only exactly forced intercourse. And even in the case of heterosexual intercourse, what if the rapist is the woman? – das-g Oct 14 '18 at 10:20
    This isn't really a question, as you answer it by yourself: 'rape' is (seks)perforto in Esperanto. I suggest you reword the question into something like whether there are other words for 'rape' than the established one. Right now it is a question misused as means of proposing a private new word. – Cyril Robert Brosch Oct 14 '18 at 12:02

In Bulgarian (изнасилване), Dutch (verkrachten) and German (vergewaltigen) the root meaning in fact is perforti. So seksperforti is fine. Note that also other language use prescriptive words with roots like in violate.

The etymologie of rape is latin and carries the meaning of seize by force. Like for instace vergewaltigen the sex related meaning is the main one.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.