I've stumbled upon a phrase which I cannot translate using dictionary itself. I would like to say something like

"made by excessive use of technical terms"

, so far I've been able to come up with this but I am not certain about the "made by" part.

Faris per ekscesa uzo de technika kondicxo

It would help if you posted the full sentence, and not just part of it, so that we can find a suitable translation. Generally though, fare de works for this. From PIV:

fare de. Prepoziciaĵo, enkondukanta la aganton post subst., esprimanta agon: kelkaj postulas la administradon de la filioj fare de la asekuritoj mem; dum vizito al nia sidejo fare de fremdaj kolegoj; reguligo de salajroj k laborkondiĉoj fare de la ministro mem. ☞ far.

Note that it should be teĥnika, not technika, and that ‘terms’ in this context probably has the meaning of terminoj (as in, technical terminology) rather than kondiĉo. (But without the full context I can't be certain.)

• Sorry for not providing the full sentence, it is “language not easily understandable or made by excessive use of technical terms”. This is a definition of an english word “gobbledegook”. Nevertheless “fare de” is the thing I was looking for, thank you. – Peter Utekal May 13 at 10:41
  • That's okay, it seems that I got the right meaning after all! In that case it is certainly teĥnikaj terminoj as well ;). – Joffysloffy May 13 at 10:42
    No, in this context fare de doesn't fit. It should be something like "Lingvo ne estas facile komprenebla aŭ farata per la troa uzado de teĥnikaj terminoj". However, a literal translation with fari doesn't sound good. I'd say "Lingvo ne estas facile komprenebla nek estiĝas per la troa uzado de teĥnikaj terminoj" – Cyril Robert Brosch May 13 at 11:28
  • @CyrilRobertBrosch You are right, I misinterpreted the English sentence, for I read too quickly. Having actually now read the definition of gobbledygook in my dictionary—which reads “language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms”—has made it clear to me that you are correct. However, the definition of gobbledygook given by Peter seems flawed and oddly phrased. – Joffysloffy May 13 at 11:43
    Ah, now I see we're dealing with a relative construction and a special sense of "language" here. So it should go "lingvaĵo, kiu ne estas facile komprenebla aŭ kiun karakterizas troa uzado de teĥnikaj terminoj" – Cyril Robert Brosch May 14 at 12:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.