I'm looking for the Esperanto terms for the following concepts of Mahjong (the 4-player game, maĝango in Esperanto):

• Run: A sequence of 3 consecutive tiles of the same suit.

From left to right: 1-2-3 of characters, 4-5-6 of circles, 7-8-9 of bamboo

Runs, from left to right: 1-2-3 of characters, 4-5-6 of circles, 7-8-9 of bamboo

• Triplet: 3 of the same tile

From left to right: 8 of characters, 1 of circles, 3 of bamboo

Triplets, from left to right: 8 of characters, 1 of circles, 3 of bamboo

• Suit: Same concept as seen in card games, in the above examples some tiles of the character, circles and bamboo suits were shown.

I'd translate run as sinsekvo or sekvenco, triplet as triopo, and I'm not sure if emblemo works well for suit. I haven't found these words on the Wikipedia article of maĝango.

How could run, triplet and suit be translated in Esperanto?

2 Answers 2

Krom tiuj aranĝoj, ekzistas versioj kun grupoj de kvin, ses, ... (ekzemple la usona versio).

Do, por havi koheran etendeblan terminaron, mi sugestus:

duo / paro / duopo (speca, tipa, emblema)
trio / triopo

Se temas pri aranĝo en kiu ordo gravas, oni povas prunti el pokeraj terminoj:

sinsekvo / sekvenco (tripeca, kvarpeca, ...)

Aliaj ebloj aperas en tiu ĉi klarigo pri la ludo, kiu uzas strekojn por la nomoj, ekzemple:

kvar-unu-speca

The 'pips' or symbols on playing cards are 'emblemoj'. So if a 'suit' is a set of symbols, that should be 'emblemaro'.

• I understand the word emblemaro being a set of suits. In Mahjong this could be some set of tiles with characters, circles and bamboos. In other words not limited to just one emblemo. Oct 25, 2022 at 6:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.